cinderlily: (writemyself)
[personal profile] cinderlily
So, last night, if you missed my last post... I met Jason Mraz. IT WAS EPIC, people. Well, vaguely epic. Politely epic. Okay, not epic, but it felt epic.

Before last night my boss gave us tickets for the 36th row (which is against the wall). I was SO OKAY with this, cause it was free and Jason and OMG, have I ever mentioned how much I love my boss? She is all shades of awesome and cool. I love her. (This is Moo and So's mom.) T and I left really early to get down to the area in hopes of getting food. When we got about a mile or two out I got a call from my boss and she asked where we were. I said, "We are parking, then finding food." She said, "Do you want to meet Jason?" and I... blacked out for a second. But then properly came back to my senses and kind of stuttered out a "Sure, yes. Oh lord yes.. Please?" And she said she would see what she could do. I started shaking. (Seriously, shaking.)

Then T and I tried to find food. Commence walking in a HUGE SQUARE and ending up right next to the venue at a place called Crazy Jim's. There was Kai and Sarah, who had ALREADY met Jason (FREAKING) Mraz. I started fangirling and shaking in the way that I couldn't do to T. (Who had, granted, been a dilligent husband and listened to me going, "REALLY? REALLY? JASON?! REALLY?" incoherently while we walked in a GIANT square.) I might have been in the beginnings of a massive panic attack but that is to come later so yea. It was nice to catch up with them, but I ate like four bites of food and then we left to find my boss. She gave us these stickers to put on and said, "Come stand in line to meet Jason [freaking] Mraz." I nodded and followed and I was SHAKING.

We stood in line behind a really funny girl and guy who had the biggest bling on his wedding finger I have EVER seen. It put my engagement ring to shame. He was also the ... um. Flamiest flame this side of the eternal flame from Pete and Pete. For a second I debated if he was a girl. BUT they were both nice and I was really shaking by this point and rambling... pretty much incoherently. I mean, I don't remember what I said, but it was like I was drunk. I kept apologizing. I was texting left and right and turning to Timm and jumping up and down like a spazz. It was entirely embarrassing but I was hoping to get it out BEFORE Jason. (This actually didn't happen.) Now, I am not proud but I started a little panic right there, standing against the big black wall of doom waiting to be let into a room to say hi to Jason Mraz. I started to panic and took am moment to do so. This helped a little, but not much.

Went inside to basically a stair case, but a separate area and they kind of made us stand there and wait for Jason. I started chanting (quietly) "If he comes out right now I won't panic. If walks out RIGHT NOW I won't panic." He walked out and I panicked. Plastered myself against a wall and just stood. He said hi and took pictures with like 8 people then turned to T and I and said hi to us both. Timm was Timm and cute and just said hi but I INSTANTLY WENT VERBAL VOMIT. I don't really remember what I said, but it was something about him being sick and how much that sucks and he said, "Yes. But it just a stomach bug, and I will be all better in an hour" I DO remember telling him that I knew he was going to be, cause I have seen him 3 times and he ruled and he said, "Aww, thanks." In that self deprecating adorable way that makes me love him. ALSO he was wearing an adorable black hoody thing with the words "Mraz Crew" just above his ass and smelled really amazing. Like... like. Sweat? and dirt. And boy. Okay, none of that translates, but it is pretty much what I always thought he would smell like and it was AMAZING.

After this my boss looked at our tickets and went, "Oh crap, I have better tickets than that." And gave us 14th row freaking seats on the aisle cause she is the most awesome boss EVER. NO.FREAKING.JOKE. And we went to our awesome seats and sat through Lisa Hannigan. (Who is not Alyson Hannigan but instead an adorable little Irish girl who I wanted to pocket to take home.) She was okay, boring, but okay, and only really had one song I enjoyed but either way. Passible? I was developing a headache of massive proportions which I think was from the adrenaline or possibly just a headache or whatever. I had advil with me and I took a few and gulped some water and prayed to feel better. (Spoiler alert, it was still there at the end of the night. Suckery.)

Then there was a break, where we were forced to watch these text messages people could send. Some were funny ("Hey, two people in front of us, stop making out. Its gross." "Aww, they figured out it was about them. Sorry." "The back of your head is straight up ridiculous.") Some were FANDOM. Which BAFFLED me. Especially Twilight. I sent the text, "First rule of fandom, Don't talk about Fandom." It never showed up. A shit ton were just, "I love (insert name)". A lot were marriage proposals of dubious origins.

Either way. NEXT WAS JASON. Now, I wish I could give you a set list, or something but I didn't write it down. All I really remember were bits and peices. HE PLAYED 1000 THINGS. Which is a song that makes me think of T and I holding hands while driving down from Vegas when we first started dating. And I'm Yours (of course, it was still cute). He played The Remedy and mixed in Wonderwall. I turned to Timm and said, "SERIOUSLY?" cause well. Wonderwall? WEAK. When he played Live High he put a picture of Obama up during the middle of it, which then made me scream and get all giddy. I almost blacked out during Dynamo of Volition, because I had locked my knees and I had a headache and Timm caught me, thankfully. Then he left, his encore started with "Lucky" with Lisa Hannigan playing Colbie. She was cute. THEN HE PLAYED ZERO PERCENT INTEREST. No joke, I have always wanted to scream, "IF I KNEW ALL THE WORDS, I WOULD WRITE MYSELF OUT OF HERE." It is my own personal motto, I don't know why, but how I feel about writing in general. I am in constant pursuit of the magical words to get out of here. If that makes sense.

OH, and Jason had this hilarious high speech about the air between us, which would really have made sense but genuinely sounded just like he was high as hell. I knew where he was going with it. But still. He sounded high.

Also. He was wearing a white t shirt, and was epically sweaty at the end. Even though I knew he was sick I wanted to um. Do something with that sweat. Seriously. It was like taunting me. Ayum.

And then we escaped like freaking bandits because I was really dizzy and slept in the car.

As an aside, HIMYM tonight was EPIC and hilarious. I would make a separate post but I am all out of words. I did laugh like 100 times in the span of 30 minutes. That show is awesome.

October 2016

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 05:30 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios