When I enter in a fandom, well even just kind of dip my toes into the water of the fandom, and notice that there is no good fic and not really the pairings I want I have to fight the urge to write it for myself?
I really really don't want to write what I am thinking about writing. Just to let you all know.
I really really don't want to write what I am thinking about writing. Just to let you all know.
no subject
Date: 2006-02-25 03:53 am (UTC)And what fandom/pairing are you thinking about?
no subject
Date: 2006-02-25 06:56 am (UTC)Why am I embarrassed? I don't know... My Chemical Romance slash. With Gerard/Frank. They are so freaking adorable, and he actually said "I would date Gerard."... and... Cuteness.
And yea! It isn't just me!
no subject
Date: 2006-02-25 04:07 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-02-25 06:57 am (UTC)info dump!
Date: 2006-02-25 07:05 am (UTC)You know what's funny, is that I'm going to send you to all the places/people I sent Zoe in the sooper sekrit pimp post. I am mainly an MCR girl, and those are mainly MCR people. And even though the rec journal has other fics on it, I think it was created mainly for MCR.
On the other hand, here are some basic sites, with pictures and articles and whatnot, some updated regularly, some not
http://mcrfan.com
http://www.mcruk.com/
http://winter-roses.cjb.net/
http://fan-sites.org/mcr/Gallery/
http://www.myfuckingromance.com/
http://unleashthebats.org/
http://www.myfrenchromance.com/
http://www.myitalianchemicalromance.com/
This is the biggest fansite of theirs. It's layout is wonky, but they have some good (and bad) stuff-- like articles. They're big on articles.
http://www.theimmortalityproject.com/
http://www.medialistofdoom.net/
[this has a lot, if not all, of their performances. Ever. I love this site. You have to scroll down, or link to MCR at the top of the page to find it, but it's well worth any hassle.]
http://www.livejournal.com/community/mychemicalslash/
[kinda scary. Especially with the pairing names. And their ballistic approach to spelling, punctuation and manners. These are mainly teenagers, and teenagers who think they're entitled. If I could write anything more than a paragraph I'd write circles around them.]
http://www.livejournal.com/community/chemicalromance/
[the main community. Well, for most. It has a lot of information first]
http://www.livejournal.com/community/yeahchemical/
[best community EVAR. And it's sort of not fair that I'm pimping it out because membership's been frozen at 100. I think Nic (the mod, aka xoverau) is still culling the extra members that don't post anything.]
http://community.livejournal.com/gerardxfrankie/
[I don't actually belong to this one, because I'm a Ray and Bob girl(hell, I'm for all five of them, but I like Ray first, dammit!)] but it's here.
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=mcrchronology
[yeah, mcr fans are kinda INSANE enough to have a chronology community]
no subject
Date: 2006-02-25 07:32 pm (UTC)It's an infliction. :P