Oh dear sweet lord you guys. Let me recommend some videos to you that I have either rewatched/found tonight and am watching over and over and over and totally in love with.
Anna Begins :: House by
butterfly
And it isn't even really House/Wilson. Get this, it is Wilson/Amber! Granted, to me it slants to House/Wilson too because I genuinely think House MD is not a medical drama but a love story that is being slowly told and we will one day be given a "Haha, you thought they were just friends" arch. If you don't know the song, it is Counting Crows, so that should be warning enough. It is painful and hard to watch, and all centered around "Wilson's Heart" and thus breaks my heart a thousand times more because OMG THAT EPISODE. And Anna is CTB, and OMG. I like Cut Throat Bitch. Neigh, I LOVE Cut Throat Bitch. A video makes me LOVE a character I was mildly indifferent to and at times disliked. It is... really really beautiful
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room:: Torchwood by
thrace_adams
Jack/Ianto, so no shock there. But it is one of those videos that is hard to watch in that it is the truth. There is no happy ending for Jack and Ianto, and there never will be. Jack is eternal, Ianto is mortal. Jack has basically screwed anything he found willing, and Ianto is getting over a relationship that involved a woman trying to cut off his head. To put it mildly it is a bit complicated. And the thing is? This video just validates and makes me love this pairing more. Maybe it is John Mayer. Maybe it is Jack or Ianto showing tears which basically apparently are tears of my own personal kryptonite. I don't know. But MAN I love this video.
Mercedes Benz:: Iron Man by
mresundance
Not gonna lie, this one just made me laugh. Really really hard. Until I bit my hand cause OMG I CAN'T WAKE THE BABY. But hehehe. My mom used to sing me this song to me in my car until she bought herself a used Benz and realized she hated it after like a month and a half and leaves the Benz part out.
Be My Yoko Ono:: SGA by
gigglemonster
McShep, Again a song I have loved for like 10 years or so and then once I connected it it fits bizarrely well. Oh silly Sheppard and McKay. I miss SGA. How can I be nostalgic for a fandom I am still kind of in? That makes no sense. But this video kind of puts it is into visual means. I miss silly slashy SGA. I might have to have a marathon on Monday when I don't work. Such a sweet video and silly in the right way. And lord. Rodney as Yoko is the best thing I have ever seen ever.
Smilin' :: Firefly by
millylicious
Kaylee/Simon. Short vidlet, only 47 seconds but I kid you not this is the only time I have seen a video that actually makes me think that if I had never seen a moment of Firefly I would still GET Kaylee as a character. So well played and well done. PERFECT.
Stay:: Merlin by
wistfulfever
Merlin/Arthur. I can't believe I had to ETA this, because this is by far, hands down my favorite Merlin video of all times. Stay by Michelle Featherstone has been one of my go to songs since I can't remember and this video is so well put together I think people who don't even LIKE this show should give this video a chance. It is beautiful, aching and ow... it is just so. Arthur is this fortress, this pompous ass who won't listen to any body but himself but for some reason listens and LOVES Merlin and it breaks my heart. I have watched it a hundred times. ♥
Anna Begins :: House by
And it isn't even really House/Wilson. Get this, it is Wilson/Amber! Granted, to me it slants to House/Wilson too because I genuinely think House MD is not a medical drama but a love story that is being slowly told and we will one day be given a "Haha, you thought they were just friends" arch. If you don't know the song, it is Counting Crows, so that should be warning enough. It is painful and hard to watch, and all centered around "Wilson's Heart" and thus breaks my heart a thousand times more because OMG THAT EPISODE. And Anna is CTB, and OMG. I like Cut Throat Bitch. Neigh, I LOVE Cut Throat Bitch. A video makes me LOVE a character I was mildly indifferent to and at times disliked. It is... really really beautiful
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room:: Torchwood by
Jack/Ianto, so no shock there. But it is one of those videos that is hard to watch in that it is the truth. There is no happy ending for Jack and Ianto, and there never will be. Jack is eternal, Ianto is mortal. Jack has basically screwed anything he found willing, and Ianto is getting over a relationship that involved a woman trying to cut off his head. To put it mildly it is a bit complicated. And the thing is? This video just validates and makes me love this pairing more. Maybe it is John Mayer. Maybe it is Jack or Ianto showing tears which basically apparently are tears of my own personal kryptonite. I don't know. But MAN I love this video.
Mercedes Benz:: Iron Man by
Not gonna lie, this one just made me laugh. Really really hard. Until I bit my hand cause OMG I CAN'T WAKE THE BABY. But hehehe. My mom used to sing me this song to me in my car until she bought herself a used Benz and realized she hated it after like a month and a half and leaves the Benz part out.
Be My Yoko Ono:: SGA by
McShep, Again a song I have loved for like 10 years or so and then once I connected it it fits bizarrely well. Oh silly Sheppard and McKay. I miss SGA. How can I be nostalgic for a fandom I am still kind of in? That makes no sense. But this video kind of puts it is into visual means. I miss silly slashy SGA. I might have to have a marathon on Monday when I don't work. Such a sweet video and silly in the right way. And lord. Rodney as Yoko is the best thing I have ever seen ever.
Smilin' :: Firefly by
Kaylee/Simon. Short vidlet, only 47 seconds but I kid you not this is the only time I have seen a video that actually makes me think that if I had never seen a moment of Firefly I would still GET Kaylee as a character. So well played and well done. PERFECT.
Stay:: Merlin by
Merlin/Arthur. I can't believe I had to ETA this, because this is by far, hands down my favorite Merlin video of all times. Stay by Michelle Featherstone has been one of my go to songs since I can't remember and this video is so well put together I think people who don't even LIKE this show should give this video a chance. It is beautiful, aching and ow... it is just so. Arthur is this fortress, this pompous ass who won't listen to any body but himself but for some reason listens and LOVES Merlin and it breaks my heart. I have watched it a hundred times. ♥