cinderlily: (flight of the conchords:: sexist)
[personal profile] cinderlily
If you ever want to feel completely useless and vaguely terrified hang around a sick kid. Today I had to sit and rub a 4 year old's back for nearly an hour while she cried it out and asked for her mom. (Who wasn't going to be home till nine or ten, her dad was hanging out with them tonight.) I had her mostly calmed down by the time her dad came home, thankfully, but then as I was leaving she pleaded with me to just stay with her and it took a lot of conscious effort not to oblige. On top of that, her brother is getting weaned off of napping (at TWO, don't even get me started) and was exhausted which meant cranky. He fell asleep in the car and I was going to just let him rest a little but his Aunt (who had had his sister for the afternoon while she was sick) Basically poked him until he woke up. Conveniently she then got to leave to go to the Circus, guess who got to deal with a cranky overtired and angry screaming two year old? (Who has two thumbs and wanted to commit an aunt-icide? THIS CHICK!)

Not all of it was bad, by the way. When I picked up Moo at preschool the first words out of his mouth was, "Oh good, my Yiz is here." Then he insisted on holding my hand and walking to the car (usually he begs for 'uppy') and when I buckled him in he said, "Where is S at? She is my friend, I miss her." Also, S, who has spent the better part of her life obsessed with Miley "Drives Nanny Crazy" Cyrus and so I offered to let her watch it while she lay on the couch and she said, "I don't like her anymore." which was music to my ears. She seems to have switched to iCarly, which doesn't make me want to plug my ears nearly as much, so yea. Go Team Liz.

Over all the night has been a good one. My Big Bang is now officially passed the word count even if it is pretty far from finished, so there is a relief. Finishing it will also leave me time to work on the half dozen started docs in my Word which will help keep my sanity in check. Timm works tomorrow and I have a tentative date with a friend to see 'Away We Go' so that is something else to look forward to. (Me socializing? What what what?)

How was your day today (well, yesterday I guess), flistie darlings?

ETA: Diggnation just showed the old Quizno's commercial and it made me giggly. 18 days girls! THEY HAVE A PEPPA BAR!

October 2016

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 05:31 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios