cinderlily: (conon :: work hard and be kind)
[personal profile] cinderlily
A little kid brought a pretend shot gun to the playground and was played hunter. I'll keep my left wing liberal gun thinky thoughts to myself and rant in another direction but you can know I seethed and would have probably said something but he was with his nanny who spoke another language than me and when someone else approached her she basically shrugged it off. We (myself and a dad who was AWESOME) told the people behind the counter it was not okay and they figured a way to get her to put the gun beside her. Gun or not, toys aren't allowed on the freaking playground.

Two things that were good, though, were Moo was just cute as sin today. A guy came over and asked me (AT THE FREAKING PLAYGROUND) if I was interested in talking about Jesus. Moo, drinking chocolate milk, turned a beautific smile at him and said entirely sincerely, "No, but thank you." The guy was so flustered he walked away. My big four year old. Then, after, this little old lady was seated behind me and talking with her (assumed) daughter about her 'stories'. She started a rant about As The World Turns, no joke, and about how much she doesn't like the Luke/Reid storyline and I kind of bristled waiting for her to say something homophobic (it had been one of those days) and instead she said, "I much rather Noah for Luke. He's such a nice boy. Where did he go?" You guys? It took all my common sense not to turn around and hug her. Sure she was dissing my ship, I don't care about that. It made me warm and fuzzy and like... proud? Idek. (Her assumed daughter retorted, "Oh yes, the one who dumped him for caring." That helped, haha.)

To summarize? Today was freaking weird and tomorrow I think I'm taking them (I get Ducky back!) to a different playground.

October 2016

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 04:29 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios