I SO FUCKING CALLED IT FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODE.
OMG
Also, I got a new phone today, and I have to respond to like... comments and well. Do homework. And eat. But you know what? Later. I will do that later.
...I am rather in disgust over the whole HIMYM episode. Robin was rather weak. The music video wasn't that great (or rather, not that hilariously bad). And the ending....it fails at life.
But, I saw it coming as soon as everyone left Robin alone at the bar and Barney came up to her later.
Am let down. Next week's episode better be... wait for it...legendary.
See, I liked that it showed Robin's geeky 16 year old self, mostly because I was SO TOTALLY there at one time and still get that way around certain people and it was nice to see it reflected. One of the things I don't like about her character is her need to be hands down more of a guy then Ted, you know? I dig the tom-boy vibe but she still has to have had a few moments that are random girl moments.
I thought the video was... um. Kind of too bad, to be honest. Like it went a little too far past "This could just be bad and from the 90's" and into "Yea, even the 80's wouldn't have pulled that." Though I do have to say, the robot was freaking hilarious. "He was my sidekick, he had to be there."
But, I am excited about the episodes to come, a little wary about the possible fall out but still excited. :D
See, I don't really like Robin, but this episode made me hate her less. I think she's a moron for sleeping with Barney (if they don't bail on that next week), but I hated her less for being such a loser.
I do think Alan Thicke was too much, though. Tiffany? Funny, if a little implausible. Alan Thicke? Not so much.
It isn't that I don't like Robin, really, it is more that I don't like her with Ted. Because Ted is somehow like my brother. I don't really want to be with him, but I don't want him to be with someone who is SO VERY VERY WRONG for him. Also, she kind of gives Tom Boys bad names, and as one I am defensive. I don't think they are going to bail with it but I don't know how I feel about where it is going to go. I hope it doesn't make Barney into something he is not.
Alan Thicke was WAY too much, especially because they didn't even bother coloring his hair, and he was far more brunette in the early 90's. Also, he just grates on my nerves.
See, if they try to make out like Barney+Robin=OTP material, they will ruin the show completely. Barney is the awesomest thing about that show, and if they try to make him settle down with Robin, of all people, it will just suck. Not that I think they're going to, but I know the network is on the fence about renewal, so if they want to guarantee cancellation, well, there's one way.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-22 03:47 am (UTC)But, I saw it coming as soon as everyone left Robin alone at the bar and Barney came up to her later.
Am let down. Next week's episode better be... wait for it...legendary.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-22 08:13 am (UTC)I thought the video was... um. Kind of too bad, to be honest. Like it went a little too far past "This could just be bad and from the 90's" and into "Yea, even the 80's wouldn't have pulled that." Though I do have to say, the robot was freaking hilarious. "He was my sidekick, he had to be there."
But, I am excited about the episodes to come, a little wary about the possible fall out but still excited. :D
no subject
Date: 2008-04-22 01:28 pm (UTC)I do think Alan Thicke was too much, though. Tiffany? Funny, if a little implausible. Alan Thicke? Not so much.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-22 06:46 pm (UTC)Alan Thicke was WAY too much, especially because they didn't even bother coloring his hair, and he was far more brunette in the early 90's. Also, he just grates on my nerves.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-22 06:53 pm (UTC)See, if they try to make out like Barney+Robin=OTP material, they will ruin the show completely. Barney is the awesomest thing about that show, and if they try to make him settle down with Robin, of all people, it will just suck. Not that I think they're going to, but I know the network is on the fence about renewal, so if they want to guarantee cancellation, well, there's one way.