cinderlily: (two dragons)
[personal profile] cinderlily
Watching Psych, man I love Gus and Shawn. They crazy, but awesome. Does anyone have any good recs? I am in the mood to read them but I am nervous by the scariness of their fandom and even more so of the prevalence of Shawn/Lassiter. (*shudder*)

My day has kind of been boring and long but overall its good because its ooooooovvvver. I have lots of classes tomorrow, plus dance tomorrow night. This weekend I am working with the same kids I worked with for the last two years which is exciting as this is the first time both of the kids are going to be a little more independent. I love my midgets. This does mean I have a lot to do to prep for it though. I have to do laundry and put together projects.

I am thinking I might make cookies with them and then maybe do some art stuff to give to their parents. Perhaps something football related, cause it is Superbowl Weekend. (GO CARDINALS.) Maybe we will have a little mini football party for ourselves with just the three of us.

Date: 2009-01-27 04:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] be-merry.livejournal.com
I have a friend that might have Psych recs? Maybe? I'm not sure if she reads Psych fic but she's really into the show. I'll ask.

Date: 2009-01-28 07:36 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] be-merry.livejournal.com
So I heard back from my friend and this is what she said:

"afdjksaflj Shus? Ew. Tell her Shawn/Lassiter is actually really good, despite what you might think. I can give her some good recs for those!

But *put-upon sigh* if she's a friend of yours, I'll dig up some Shus for her.
"

Maybe I'll have something for you soon. It depends on how her computer is acting and whenever she can get to the student center at UT so she can get internet.

Date: 2009-01-28 10:26 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
I have read like five or six Shawn/Lassiter but to be completely honest NONONONONONO. *shudder* Lassiter is like Grissom to me, completely asexual.

Tell her thanks in advance though! :D

Date: 2009-01-28 10:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] be-merry.livejournal.com
Yeah, see, she's weird and really liked Nick/Grissom as a pairing when we were all hooked on CSI. Maybe that explains it. ;)

Date: 2009-02-08 03:42 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] be-merry.livejournal.com
So my friend finally got back to me and this is what she had to say:

"Okay, so tell your friend I tried, but I'm not the person to ask for Shussie. I kept trying, but... I just get like, this incestuous vibe from reading it and just can't be an accurate judge.

She can totally ask for recs at psych_slash, though, they're super nice.
"

Sorry. :(

Date: 2009-01-27 05:42 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] writingpathways.livejournal.com
Can I just say ew to the idea of Lassiter/Shawn. WTF Psych Fandom?

Date: 2009-01-27 06:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
I KNOW. And it is ALL THE RAGE. I mean, seriously, it is the OTP of the fandom and I am just baffled. The guy who plays Lassiter gives me the heebie jeebies and the fact that the entire relationship is basically him RESENTING Shawn bugs me

Date: 2009-01-28 02:04 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] blademistress.livejournal.com
(Sorry for the random drive by friendsfriends, but I'd just been on a reading kick.)

Yuletide (http://yuletidetreasure.org/archive/fandom_psych.html) has some great stuff for Shawn/Gus. I cannot rec Gus Goes for the Gold Star (http://yuletidetreasure.org/archive/61/gusgoes.html), Head Wounds Are Only Part of the Package (http://yuletidetreasure.org/archive/59/headwounds.html) and Signs Point To (http://yuletidetreasure.org/archive/52/signspoint.html) in particular highly enough. (You might want to save Head Wounds Are Only Part of the Package for last because it's long and amazing and you will ruin yourself if it's the first thing you read.)

Unitled Psych/Doctor Who Crossover (http://ignipes.livejournal.com/394512.html?style=mine#cutid1) by ignipes. Shawn Spencer and the Doctor (and Gus). In which there may or may not be something terrorizing the sewers. Gen, but omg.

Painting Lines on the Cliff's Edge (http://manicjoy.livejournal.com/12640.html#cutid1) by manicjoy. Summary: Shawn seems to be on a mission to send one of them to an early grave. Shawn/Gus. R. No spoilers.

Fifty Colars (http://lovethesnark.livejournal.com/4492.html?style=mine) by lovethesnark. Shawn/Gus. PG-13.

Reasons Against Never Win (http://oxoniensis.livejournal.com/286546.html?thread=11987282#t11987282) by them0rgue. Office sex. Shawn/Gus. R.

4. The Other Side (http://lozenger8.livejournal.com/771705.html#cutid1) by lozenger8. (Scroll down for it)

Snowmen (http://manicjoy.livejournal.com/16305.html#cutid2) and scroll down for another.

Like Christmas Morning, But With More Sex and Shame (and Shamelessness) (http://manicjoy.livejournal.com/12997.html) She also has a Psych tag, and it's all good :)

Nine True Facts About Shawn and Gus Detectives/Boyfriends (http://kyrafic.livejournal.com/11260.html?format=light). R.

Pineapple of Truth (http://hackthis.livejournal.com/494183.html) deeply annoying bold tag, but pretty decent.

Infatueighties (http://skipmcgee.livejournal.com/97171.html?style=mine) “I can’t find Gus, he’s not anywhere and no one knows where he is and I can’t find him”.

And Fresh Pineapple in the Morning (http://papersoflight.livejournal.com/5997.html#cutid1) by papersoflight. "In fact," the crazy chick went on, "I think I'm getting a vision right now." She put two fingers from her gun-free hand to her left temple. "I'm seeing your future- oh boy- yes, uh mouths, lips, tongues- kissing." Shawn and Gus exchanged quizzical looks as she continued, "That's it- thirty seconds from now you will be swapping spit with your partner here." She pointed at Gus with the gun. NC-17. This author also has some decent stuff under their Psych tag.

There's some more stuff that I've probably lost in my bookmarks. In terms of not Shawn/Gus there's I'm Psychic But None Believes Me When I Say The Zombie Apocalypse Is Upon Us (http://psychfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=423) which is gen, contains no actual zombies, and is fabulous. I'm also not sure if you've found the blogs on the USA website but Gus's Blog (http://www.usanetwork.com/series/psych/blogs/gus01.html) on how he met Shawn is one of the most adorable things possibly ever.

The memories on [livejournal.com profile] psych_slash actually have quite a lot of Shawn/Gus of various degrees of quality, as does the [livejournal.com profile] shawn_gus comm. Hope that helps some :D

Date: 2009-01-28 06:04 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
OMG... YOU RULE! Thank you so much. :) No apologizes necessary, this is totally and absolutely sweet and awesome of you.

I have this bookmarked now, so when I get a chance to read (tonight, hopefully!) I am going to go through them all. :D

Date: 2009-01-30 09:38 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkenobi.livejournal.com
Aw yeah Gus and Shawn love. Yay new episode tonight that I will watch tomorrow with my breakfast!

Date: 2009-02-01 09:04 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
I can't watch it till I get home on Monday but OMG, I am so excited!

October 2016

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 12:20 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios