cinderlily: (general:: Bueller?)
[personal profile] cinderlily
I know I have already done my "OMG, FUCK!" rant for the night, but I have one last rant. This one dude, as I said, was screaming, “Manny” at absolutely everything. When they were on offense, defense, even sometimes during switch in the bull pen.I mean, really? I have been following baseball for two years and I am not even that good with names and yet I could name half of hte players on the Dodgers and I just wanted to turn and call out, “Your pitchers name is Eric, you JERK. There is James, Orlando, Matt and Matt... Manny is currently standing in the grass like a little leaguer! He is taking in nourishment and standing upright! You could be cheering for a PLANT.” Just because you have one dude you are paying a crazy amount of money doesn't mean the rest of your team doesn't deserve respect. ( As such, I spent the rest of the game cheering on ALL of our players by name. Except CoJack. He is just "Boyfriend". And Drew is Woo. And Felipe is Flip. And... well. Snyder is Snyderman or Balls of Steel. Point stands though, I KNOW their names.)

And now I am kind of brain dead and looking through interwebs. Fanfiction, it will fill the cracks in your heart. Speaking of which... I have begun writing in a new fandom and I am liking it but I am ... really nervous? I mean. Yea, I have been playing in multiple sandboxes lately but I haven't really stayed in any... and now I might? I don't know. It is WEIRD, you guys. I feel like the new girl again, where as most of the time lately I just kind of toe into a fandom and then back out again. How nuts am I to feel shy on the INTERNET? Gah.

(Stop looking at me like that, Jenna! They are both CRIERS. I AM NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH MAN TEARS.)

Date: 2009-04-12 06:01 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] courts.livejournal.com
mind if I ask what the new fandom is?

Date: 2009-04-12 06:05 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
Hah. *blush* Uh. Yes. See? I am usually far more articulate than this!

Cook and Archuleta. Its just... two of them! They are so cute. And they cry. And do really silly things in public together.

Date: 2009-04-12 06:08 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] courts.livejournal.com
ah, yeah, that's what I thought you meant but I wasn't sure. I definitely think you should keep writing them. I enjoyed your comment fics a lot :)

Date: 2009-04-12 06:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
(I get the feeling I am going to need more of their icons. Yours are so adorable!)

Thanks! The community is awesome and welcoming, which is nice. I am still kind of ... unsure? I don't know. I am a total spazz. ;) I am loving the comment fic as a way to step in though, as it definitely takes some of the bigger pressure off. I don't think I would have tried at all if it weren't for it and it is letting me test stuff out with out the sheer panic of a post.

Also, I am totally digging the ability to spider back and catch everyones fic. It is like easter egg hunting for me. (Which is nice also because I am Jewish and don't get to usually. ;))

Date: 2009-04-12 06:22 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] courts.livejournal.com
yeah, the comment fic has been fun. I still have one half finished about Cook breaking his leg on stage and Archie taking care of him that I want to finish and post tomorrow. I actually think the comment fics can be more challenging than the longer stuff those b/c you have less time to get your point across. Although that might be b/c I am long-winded so short doesn't always work well for me, lol.

So, your team is the Diamondbacks, yes? I've seen a few posts you made about games so I assume that's what you meant? I love baseball. My team is the Cardinals. I live in Braves country, but my dad is from STL. I love how you're at the games yelling at the players. That's awesome, lol. I usually wait until the playoffs to sit in my living room and scream at the tv ;)

oh, also, as for icons, I think there is a tag on Cookleta where some have been posted. I've made a few and I think some other people have posted some as well. Just fyi.

Date: 2009-04-12 06:32 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
I agree! I am always in awe of people who can do genuine drabbles. I mean, really. One hundred words? Yeah, right! I have kind of written the beginning of a few but then I change mind.

Yea... I have been colonized by my husband and now I am ALL IN for the Diamondbacks. Usually we don't go to this many games but my family got Timm tickets for his birthday so we have something like 7 or 8 more? And I enjoy it by writing fic for it (as I tend to do for everything!) and developing crazy maternal protection for most of the boys. (All except for 1 are older than me, btw. Justin Upton is the Archie of our team. We went to the playoffs and he couldn't drink the champagne!)

I have been totally going through the icon posts. Now I just have to pick and chose! Ah. This fandom. Its so SHINY. :)

Date: 2009-04-12 06:41 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] courts.livejournal.com
lol, I think Archie makes it shiny. Him and his "church slacks" ;)

The only sports fics I have ever read are a few crossovers with David Cook and David Wright from the Mets (HAWT!) and some basketball RPS that a friend of mine posted. Baseball RPS is intriguing, though.

I think the only fandom I have ever written true drabbles for was Everwood. And I think it's the only thing I wrote for that fandom, actually. I was in a drabble comm and got on a kick for a while but it faded quickly, lol.

Date: 2009-04-12 06:53 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
His smile makes it shiny, he has to use the beauty trick of vaseline, cause everytime he smiled I can just HEAR the "ping" off his teeth. ;)

The weird thing is I think I might have read the David Cook/ David Wright fic forever and two moons ago before I really knew who Cook was. I only say that because I have only read two or three Mets fics and I remember wondering who Cook was. (I didn't really follow who they were until 3 weeks ago? Maybe a little more?) I started with baseball RPS on a whim (we have a player named Byrnes who has a once a month reality show and the first ep I really caught was him going grocery shopping with a team mate. They were SO MARRIED I had to write it. ;)) , and do hockey RPS with a friend but I have never really ventured into basketball slash as I have met/worked with enough basketball people that I get all weirded out by it. (Though I did read a drabble of Raja Bell/Boris Diaw which was oddly intriging?)

Which basketball do you follow? I am a Suns fan (I know, we are really really lame, but I have been following since I was 10 and it would be too hard to switch!)

Thinking about it I think I have maybe written a handful of drabbles? Mostly if I was just trying to work on a style but I think a few got posted. They are too hard and always make me feel like I am only telling a second of a story or something. I never write long fics per se but definitely more middle length. (As you can tell, I ramble a bit. ;)) And Everwood! I loved that show when it was on!

Date: 2009-04-12 07:24 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] courts.livejournal.com
Ping! lol

I didn't know who David Wright was until someone on my flist wrote a story about him and Cook and asked me to beta. But omg he's cute ;) And the story was awesome. I'll have to try and dig up a link for you.

I don't actually know anything about basketball, but I have a friend who writes slash for the boys from Duke. I've read a handful. Actually, baseball is the only sport I really like. My bff is obsessed with football and keeps trying to get me interested but I just couldn't care less, lol.

Everwood was a great show. I miss it :( Chris Pratt is on that new NBC show, Parks and Recreation, so seeing him made me long for Everwood again. I always really liked Bright/Colin or Bright/Ephram or Ephram/Colin fics. And Bright/Delia future fics b/c her little crush on him was adorable. My nephew is actually named after Chris Pratt's character on the show. His name is Brighton and my brother-in-law thinks he's named after Brighton Beach in England, but my sister says she really liked the name after she heard it on Everwood, lol.

Date: 2009-04-12 09:41 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
Aw! College basketball! Awesome. I might venture into that but the team I follow is my own college and I have been in classes with some of them and I don't think I could manage it. ;)

David Wright is VERY adorable, maybe it comes with the name David? I would love the link to see if it is the fic I remember. I need to start keeping better memories, as following lots of fandoms has made a lot of stories blur together.

I have been dragged into the sports world kicking and screaming, but I started watching basketball willingly when I was 8. Baseball is my love for now, but I don't think I will ever understand football. It is so barbaric and I spend most of the game holding my breath. (This might be because the first game I really watched was the Bills game where like 2 minutes in some guy basically broke his neck and needed a year of rehab.) Hockey is fun to watch, but hard to follow. I like the fights. ;)

I remember reading a bit of Bright/Ephram when I first started actively searching out all shows I watched but I never really ventured too far deep as then I got sucked into the CSI fandom. :)

Date: 2009-04-12 10:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] courts.livejournal.com
the DWright/DCook story is by Tracy/expatiates/inlipstickred and it's here: Suicide Squeeze

There wasn't very much slash for Everwood, but what there was was usually pretty good. I've read some CSI fic, too, mostly Caroline's stuff. And I had a friend who used to write Grissom/Sara so I would read hers. But none of the pairings ever struck me enough to make me want to write them, I guess. And I stopped watching the show a few years ago.

Date: 2009-04-13 06:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
Thanks for the link!

Yea, CSI is one of those shows that you have to mentally reset to get the pairing, you know? And if I had known all the pairings I would get into after and the blatant level of slashiness I might have had a harder time shipping them but I lucked out and found some great people to squee at me and deal with me squeeing and therefore I have a weird Nick/Greg sized nook in my heart that I guess I will never get rid of. (Not that I would want to. ;))

(Hehe. Icon. Awesomeness!)

Date: 2009-04-12 04:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mausi.livejournal.com
Oh, Lizbit. What am I going to do with you?

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NOT STAYED IN ANY FANDOMS. YOU ARE STAYING IN OURS. Or Mikey will cryyyyyy.

Date: 2009-04-12 09:34 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
Well, DUH, Jenna my love. But if I was nervous in a fandom of two I don't think I would be on the internet at all. (Which is the same as [livejournal.com profile] wendellhodgins actually. Though there are more people in that fandom, I really am writing for me and Caroline and that takes off a lot of the pressure.) Its just weird for me to find a fandom that I literally knew NO ONE, as usually I get pulled in by someone on my flist who I can then cling to if it gets scary.

I looooove you Jenna! At least it isn't Merlin?

October 2016

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 04:55 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios