OH MY HIMYM

NSFW Apr. 30th, 2009 01:28 am
cinderlily: (himym:: Barney has feelings too)
[personal profile] cinderlily
This week's HIMYM was well. Um. uncomfortably slashy. Like. Wow. Um. REALLY SLASHY! And... um. Marshall/Barney? Does this exist? (Pwease?)

Also, how could I love Garcia more? "Not a good date though, too stabby."

Has anyone noticed a sudden influx of "and then they died" fics or is that just my flist? It is really disconcerting and I am not a fan. I don't want to read about any of my loves dying and I REALLY don't want to read about their partner falling to pieces. I get enough drama in real life. I want happy fic, or maybe even angsty until the end when everything gets tied up with a shiny ribbon and happily ever after. Or at the very least WARN for it. I mean, I can think of three fics in the last week that I have been "SURPRISE, he is dead and his partner will never know happiness again" fics that didn't have an inkling of a warning for it. I respect the writer's right to keep things but ... uh. Ouch.

Speaking of ouch and fics. I am about 7k into a fic that is now making my heart hurt to write. ([livejournal.com profile] mausi made me do it!) I love the idea, and hope it comes off well but man. I want to write something fluffy and happy for them to apologize. ;)

Date: 2009-04-30 08:47 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dodificus.livejournal.com
"SURPRISE, he is dead and his partner will never know happiness again" fics

Sometimes I keep reading those fics right to the bitter end because I convince myself that it's all a fakeout and the dead partner is going to pop up at the end and all will be right with the world.

Date: 2009-04-30 08:50 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
ME TOO! And then when they DON'T I am hopelessly depressed. There was a fic recced to me a few years ago that was supposedly this drop dead perfect John/Rodney masterpeice and it was very well written but John was dead BEFORE IT BEGAN and there was no flashbacks it was just Rodney. Miserable and heart broken and I read the whole thing thinking, "Surely it can't be John/Rodney with out ever actually having them together? He has to come back! There is ancient tech, right? Totally fixable." And yet... nothing. So sad.

Date: 2009-04-30 08:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dodificus.livejournal.com
I know the exact fic you're talking about and it really was brilliant but I WILL NEVER READ IT AGAIN.

Date: 2009-04-30 09:08 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
Me either! I ended up not being able to watch SGA for like... two weeks because I would see Rodney and be like, "Oh. Rodney."

Date: 2009-05-01 04:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] paraplu-ie.livejournal.com
I'm pretty sure it's purposefully slashy. Like "Hey, a gay joke that isn't derogatory! Look! Crazy! Let's play with the people's minds!"

Date: 2009-05-02 06:11 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
I know, it was just... weird? ;) I don't know. But OMG DID I LOVE STAN.

Date: 2009-05-03 07:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] paraplu-ie.livejournal.com
OH MAN, I want Stan to be a frequent visitor of HIMYM.

October 2016

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 11:43 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios