cinderlily: (community :: scape goat)
[personal profile] cinderlily
At school today we had a petting zoo, it was ridiculous. First of all, do you know what petting zoo + pregnant nose equals? Oh nausea. Like SO FRAKKING BAD. I thought I was going to pass out. Thankfully one of my lovely coworkers caught it and was like, "Could you go to the front office and check on X's mom?" (I ran like a woman possessed.)

Also, for some reason they kept losing track of the alpaca they had and it kept grazing on the quad outside of the transition room, which I was in. So at one point I looked out the window and saw this giant brown thing just standing there. STARING AT ME. The conversation ended up like this:

Me :: THERE IS A LLAMA OUTSIDE.
Coworker :: That's actually an alpaca.
Me :: THERE IS AN ALPACA OUTSIDE.
Coworker :: Her name is Dora. They'll get her in a minute.

It was really surreal.

The kids loved it though. I mean, mostly. One little girl was so afraid of the goat they had that she ended up giving the coworker a bruise of her fingertips on her upper arm. One of the boys loved the animals alll the way up to the alpaca coming within three feet of him and then he screamed like a banshee. (Scaring the alpaca.) But you know, you can't win 'em all.

Date: 2011-05-10 03:44 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fromiftowhen.livejournal.com
Perfect icon is perfect.

(Pregnancy nose is crazy! My sister literally had to quit her really-good-paying job at a restaurant - where she was a chef - because the baby couldn't handle the constant changing smells.

I'm still so happy for you and Timm and your kid who is going to be SO loved!

Date: 2011-05-10 05:10 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
I resisted the urge to reenact it while around the goat but thankfully that only lasted for the minute and a half I was there, haha.

AND OMG. Working at a preschool and having pregnancy nose has almost been the death of me. I can tell when a kid has a dirty diaper from ACROSS THE PLAYGROUND. Totally feel like I am going crazy half the time.

Thank you, too. :D I'm totally nervous. But happy.

Date: 2011-05-10 09:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] spoiledjap.livejournal.com
From what my girl friends tell me pregnancy nose is the worst part of it all. I can empathize since the surgery, some smells make me gag especially after eating.

Date: 2011-05-11 09:32 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rajkumari905.livejournal.com
Me :: THERE IS A LLAMA OUTSIDE.
Coworker :: That's actually an alpaca.
Me :: THERE IS AN ALPACA OUTSIDE.


LOL DYING. ilu. and the kid stories are always A+.

Date: 2011-05-12 02:52 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] be-merry.livejournal.com
That conversation is made of so many kinds of win. I'm giggling like crazy, jsyk. :)

October 2016

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 12:35 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios