cinderlily: (csi ng)
[personal profile] cinderlily
Title: everything started to hum
Pairing/Fandom: Nick/Greg CSI
Rating: PG
Summary: Written for ladyoflisquill (who rules) who asked for Nick and Greg and dancing (And again, seriously. If this isn't what you want just tell me.) FLUFFY FLUFFY FLUFFY. You've been warned. Also, technically part of Lilah!Verse but all you need to know is they adopted a little girl.
Author's notes: Concrit welcome. Also, not betaed. (I need a N/G beta apparently.) O! The songs referenced are "Love Bug" by Jonas Brothers and "The Best is Yet to Come" by Frank Sinatra

Nick couldn’t help the bemused look on his face as he caught his husband with his arms out swinging around their small bedroom. It wasn’t audible but the movements of Greg’s lips were obviously keeping time and after a while he miscounted, faltered and groaned.

“You really think they’re gonna waltz tomorrow night?”

Greg startled and turned to Nick, taking an ear bud out of his right ear. “I’m trying with the basics here.”

“Greg, it’s a kid’s dance. I doubt they’ll even play music you recognize and if you do it won’t have rhythm.” Nick took a few steps into the room and swiped the iPod out of Greg’s front pocket. “Sinatra? Man, you are barking up the wrong century. These kids don’t know Sinatra from Pink Floyd.”

With a scowl Greg grumbled, “Lilah knows.”

“That’s because her parents are neurotic and teach their nine year old things like that.”

“This is my first daddy-daughter dance,” Greg admitted softly. “I don’t want to screw it up, okay?”

If Nick were a lesser man he might just tear up, it was damn sweet. Instead he took the earphones out of the iPod and instead plugged it into the alarm clock beside their bed. He clicked through the list to find one made in the last decade or so. (Even though he doubted even it would be played at a daddy-daughter dance.)

called you for the first time yesterday

It had been years since his dance lessons at the country club, far longer than he would admit but he took up the stance like it was yesterday. Then when Greg raised a brow at him it clicked and he switched his stance. He had always been the lead. Not that he’d danced like this in a while.

After two failed attempts at getting Greg’s hands in the right position and one false start Nick smiled and started to count out softly, finger tapping out the rhythm on Greg’s shoulder. Greg caught on surprisingly quick and they swung around the wide-open space a few times, the song on repeat until finally Greg seemed to ease up.

“See?” Nick smiled. “You’ll be fine.”

Greg went back to the iPod and Nick almost groaned before the song changed to a familiar standard. “This one is for us.”

out of the tree of life I picked me a plum

Nick lead this time, Greg pressed tight to him. Definitely not grade school appropriate. He leaned his mouth to Greg’s left ear and whispered.

Jonas Brothers G?”

He smiled as he got smacked on the shoulder.

Date: 2012-07-20 03:20 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ruggerdavey.livejournal.com
♥ ♥ ♥

Date: 2012-07-31 04:47 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
OMG YOUR ICON.

Date: 2012-07-20 04:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] spoiledjap.livejournal.com
I love when you write N/G. Love you and this!

Date: 2012-07-31 04:48 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
Awww, *blush* You're biased but thanks.

Date: 2012-07-21 05:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ladyoflisquill.livejournal.com
Aww, I've been out of town for a couple of days and I come back to this?!? Perfectly what I wanted but I would have loved anything you came up with. Also, Sinatra? <3

P.S. You rule more. xxx

Date: 2012-07-31 04:49 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
YAY! Glad you liked it. I've been out of my mind for the last week so sorry for the late response. :)

Sinatra is one of my ties to my grandparents. I can't help but love him, Tony Bennett and all the old Jazz players because of it.

Date: 2012-07-22 12:38 pm (UTC)
sillie: Aidan curls drawing (NickGregManipJustKiss)
From: [personal profile] sillie
N'awww... <3

Date: 2012-07-31 04:49 am (UTC)

Date: 2012-07-22 01:11 pm (UTC)
ext_63196: (Canon CSI Nick & Greg)
From: [identity profile] beelikej.livejournal.com
Ahw, very sweet. Love the reference to Greg's love for old Vegas/Sinatra and the idea that Nick had dance lessons at the country club. It's these little things that make this so good, so very them Also: switching the lead? Priceless. *happy sigh*

Date: 2012-07-31 04:51 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cinderlily.livejournal.com
Greg's love of old Vegas was quite possibly my favorite bit of new canon they gave us. Seriously, I just want to cuddle with him and have him teach me random (not true) stories about Vegas.

Glad you liked it. :)

October 2016

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 10:22 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios